Loyola University’s online Master of Pastoral Studies and Master of Business Administration program prepares graduates to add value to organizations and society through their application of business theory and practice to incorporate faith-based values into their work and embrace practices that support the common good.
Our dual master’s degree in pastoral studies and business administration is ideal for students interested in church and diocesan positions, non-profit organizations and agencies, or Catholic or other faith-based health-care facilities. It is particularly valuable for business leaders who want to integrate Christian spirituality into their work life and remain alert to the significance of faith for employees and customers.
Dual Degree Requirements
The total number of credits for the dual degree is 55 credit hours. Upon completion of this online program, students will be awarded two separate degrees. The requirements for both must be completed before either degree can be awarded. To view a helpful breakdown of program requirements for this degree, download the degree program course listing (DPCL).
Institute for Ministry Courses
- Introduction to Practical Theology
- Jewish Roots (Old Testament)
- Christian Origins (New Testament)
- Grace, Christ, and Spirit
- Church, Sacraments, and Liturgy
- Spirituality, Morality, and Ethics
MPS Focus Area Courses
- Spirituality and the Theology of Work
- Ministry in the Marketplace
- Parish Life and Administration
- Contemporary Issues in Pastoral Ministry
School of Business Courses
MBA Immersion Weeks
- MBA Experience Week
- Venture and Ideation Week
- Career and Management Week
- Ethics & Social Justice Week
Four immersions are required, and alternative options may be available. The Ethics & Social Justice immersion is required for all students.
MBA Core Courses
- Strategic Communication
- Managerial Economics and Statistics
- Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Competitive Strategy
- Operations and Process Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Strategy
- Organizational Behavior & Leadership
- Any Business Elective