Congratulations on your decision to apply to Loyola University New Orleans! We look forward to receiving your application.
There is no application fee to apply to online programs at Loyola University New Orleans.
To apply to an online Loyola graduate program:
- Complete the free online application.
- The application includes requests for:
- Two references
- Work experience
- Statement of Purpose
- How do you think this program will enhance your academic and/or professional career?
- What do you hope to gain by being part of this program?
- What do you bring to the program?
- Request official transcripts from all previously attended institutions post high-school. Application decisions can be made based on unofficial transcripts, however official transcripts are required before acceptance is official and registration occurs.
- See program information below for additional requirements.
- International Applicants: International students must submit either a TOEFL or IELTS score report verifying at least an intermediate level of English. Only those international students who obtained a degree from a college or university where English was the language of instruction can potentially waive the TOEFL requirement.
Requirements: A TOEFL score of 580 (paper-based), 237 (computer-based), 92 (Internet-based), or higher. TOEFL scores are valid for two years. Students taking the IELTS must earn a 6.5 or higher.
A third-party evaluation of academic records (transcripts) is required for all applicants who attended or completed their bachelor’s and/or master’s degree outside of the United States. Loyola University New Orleans accepts evaluations from the following agencies: 1) World Education Services (WES) or 2) Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE). We require the course by course evaluation for both. More information on the transcript evaluation process and the evaluation application can be found at www.wes.org or www.ece.org
Master of Business Administration
In addition to the standard graduate requirements, MBA applicants must provide official GMAT or GRE test scores or submit a test score waiver request.
Applicants submitting test scores must contact the testing agencies and request that official test scores are sent directly to Loyola University New Orleans.
Applicants requesting a test waiver must complete a waiver request form (available here and in the application).
MBA Test Waiver Requirements:
GMAT and GRE waivers will be considered based on:
- Professional work experience
- GPA for undergraduate coursework
- Awarded terminal degree, graduate degree (masters level), and/or professional certification with evidence of significant relevant coursework
See table below: Waiver decisions can be requested by completing a petition waiver form when all unofficial transcripts are received by Loyola. However, if official transcripts vary, Loyola can rescind a waiver or deny admission. Request for a GMAT/GRE waiver does not guarantee approval and is considered by the Admission Committee in conjunction with an applicant’s complete admissions file.
|Basis for GMAT/GRE Waiver||Required Documentation|
|Hold a terminal degree such as a J.D., M.D., D.O., Ph.D., Ed.D., Pharm.D., or D.D.S.||
|Hold a graduate degree (masters level) and/or professional certification (i.e. CPA, CFA, CMA, CIA, or CFP), with evidence of significant quantitative course work and a minimum 3.25 cumulative GPA.||
|Graduated with a BBA, BAU, or Bachelors in Business AND have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 both overall and in their major (course equivalent designations of ACCT, ECON, FIN, MGT, MKT from Loyola University New Orleans or another AACSB-accredited program.||
|A minimum of 5 years of progressive, professional, full-time work experience with an established/verifiable company that entails a significant scope of responsibility (managing people and/or projects) and employs in-depth quantitative and analytical skills.||
School of Nursing
- Unencumbered RN licensure
- Minimum of 1800 hours of recent nursing practice (Applicants to the Master of Science in Nursing – Family Nurse Practitioner track must have recent direct patient care experience)
- A description of the applicant’s goals for doctoral study
- Research translation area of interest for the scholarly project
- Career goals
Loyola Institute of Ministry
- Master of Religious Education
- Master of Pastoral Studies
- Master of Pastoral Studies and Master of Business Administration
In addition to the standard graduate requirements, applicants to programs in the Loyola Institute for Ministry (LIM) must submit a statement of purpose following the guidelines below. The statement will be uploaded directly into the application.
- Your statement of purpose will enable the Admission Committee to understand your reasons for applying to the Loyola Institute for Ministry (LIM) and your ability to benefit from our programs. This statement should be 600-1200 words and double-spaced (approximately 3 pages). It should reflect your understanding of how LIM can help you grow in a current or future ministry or, for those who do not now consider themselves to be in ministry, help you explore faith and its implications for the Church and world today.
- Please state as clearly as possible your reasons for seeking your program and degree level. You may include any additional information about yourself that you believe would assist the Admission Committee in evaluating your work, academic, and ministerial background, as well as information that will aid the committee in assessing your ability to engage in this online, graduate-level ministry education program. Please also elaborate on your experience with online learning and your willingness to engage professionally and pastorally in group learning.
Master of Science in Education
- Be a certified teacher
- Provide official GRE test scores